Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hemp Protein Bars


Yeah...I ate a little out the corner before taking the picture. I was hungry!

½ C Xylitol Brown Sugar Blend ( I don't use this but know many people may like their bars sweeter)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
4 large egg whites
1/2 cup berries ( I used a frozen berries mix)
2 C oat flour (I use brown rice flour because I can't do gluten)
2 scoops hemp protein powder
½ cup almond milk
½ C chopped walnuts (optional)

Directions:

Preheat the oven to 350.
Spray a 9 X 13 Pyrex dish with non-stick spray.
Combine first 11 ingredients and mix well.
Add the final 3 ingredients (4, if adding walnuts), and mix until incorporated. Spread batter into the Pyrex dish and bake for 30 min.
Makes 24 squares.

3 comments:

  1. Proper nutrition is very important in sports. According to nutrition scientists, there are 4 basic foods in sports diet - and protein is #1! Check at http://bit.ly/P8EreU

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article! Thanks! Check out my juicing for health blog as well. You can find here the healthiest and most delicious juice recipes, green juice recipes, healthy tips and more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Within this webpage, you'll see the page, you need to understand this data. How much CBD oil should I give my cat for epilepsy?

    ReplyDelete