Sunday, December 12, 2010

Spicy Sun-Dried Tomato Marinara Sauce


This picture isn't the best, but it gives you an idea of what it looks like.

Thanks to the sun-dried tomatoes this sauce has a robust flavor. I use it for my pizza sauces but I also like to throw it on salads and wherever a recipe calls for tomatoes.



1 cup-sun dried tomatoes
1 clove garlic
1 cup chopped tomatoes
1 cup water
1/2 grated cucumber
3 tbsp of olive or hemp oil
1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar
1 tsp oregano
1 tsp rosemary
1/2 tsp thyme
sea salt to taste

If I don't have all the spices off hand, I just use what I can.

Soak the sun-dried tomatoes in the water for 20 minutes. Retain this water. In a food processor, process all ingredients including sun dried tomatoes water and blend until desired consistency is reached.

No comments:

Post a Comment