Friday, August 5, 2011

It's easy to think negative.....DON'T!




I am on to my second half marathon tomorrow and to be honest, I don't feel like running it. I am tired, it's going to be humid, and I am starting to feel sick so I might get a cold, blah blah blah blah blah. What a funk to be in! Gross!

I went to a health and wellness seminar the other night and heard some outstanding women talk on the topic of living a healthy lifestyle and one of the speakers said that you have to be intentional to think a positive thought but negative thoughts come to us easily. The take home message was that it TAKES effort to think positive! I believe this is the same with anything that you want in your life that is worth fighting for. The mind will steer you in a different direction from time to time, but get back on the boat and focus on what's yours!!

So while I don't feel like running this race, I know I am strong. I know I am capable. I have trained my butt off to run the 13.1 miles, so I will not allow my mind to run the show...my race awaits me!

No comments:

Post a Comment