Monday, August 1, 2011

Heavy weights - low reps.

For the past few years I have been into high intensity circuit training. I found that it gave me great results for shedding fat, but did little to form muscle mass. Not that I want to get bulky like a football player (women can't get bulky by the way, we don't have the testosterone to do so) but I would like to challenge myself to getting lean and creating definition.


In this picture I won a Jillian Micheal's challenge back in 2008. I lost 10lbs, starting eating fairly clean, although I didn't know much about it.

My goal this time is to get definition, to get truly strong and ripped. There I said it! I'll just put it out there in blog world that I want this goal.

So how do I plan on going about this? Eating clean, lifting heavy weights, low reps, using a split set routine and continue running since I love racing in half marathons. And since I don't believe in the crazy mind game of counting calories and focusing on the number on the scale, I will focus on how my jeans fit and how vibrant I feel.

If you have questions about what I am doing...please ask!

Stay posted results will be added!

No comments:

Post a Comment