Saturday, August 6, 2011

Almond Flax Bread



I can't take full credit for this recipe. The original recipe is from Elana's Pantry. But since I love coming up with new concoctions I thought I would try to keep this bread simple and use only 3 ingredients. Boy did it turn out yummy! The 3 ingredients are eggs, almond flour and ground flax seed. I am digging that! Yum!

How to prepare:

2 1/2 cups of Honeyville blanched almond flour (the brand is important)
2 1/2 cups of ground flaxseeds
6 eggs
optional: 1 tsp of baking soda and a pitch of sea salt.

stir the eggs and then combine with the almond flour and ground flaxseed. Put in a well greased bread pan and cook at 300F for about an hour. Remember when it comes to gluten free bread cooking it longer is better.

No comments:

Post a Comment