Tuesday, August 9, 2011

make breakfast your most important meal!



Eat "Breakfast like a king, lunch like a prince, sub like a pauper" I think it is one of the greatest quotes about how to go about eating your meals throughout the day. In addition, if you're working out hard, I also recommend taking in at least 1 gram of protein per body pound or close to it as well as having 2 small snacks between meals. So that means, 5 small meals, every 2-3 hours. Think of your metabolism as a fire pit. You need to keep adding wood to the fire to keep it burning strong. Same thing with your metabolism. Keep it fired and going strong throughout the day.

I have a staple breakfast every morning of 1/2 cup steel oats, 1/2 cup coconut milk, 1 scoop protein powder, 1/2 cup berries and 2 egg whites. This not only keeps my workouts strong and powerful, but it also helps with cravings throughout the day and keeps me full until lunch time.

I also prefer steel oats verses rolled oats because steel oats take longer to digest which helps with satiety. Meaning, you'll be fuller longer! Since I also follow a gluten free diet, I highly recommend checking out Bob Mill's Gluten Free Steel Oats if you have gluten/wheat sensitives.


Be well....

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment